I got the first proofs back today for the cover design and internal layout of ‘The Tattered Banner’, which made it feel a little bit like Christmas!
The internal layout is pretty much exactly how I want it, which I’m pleased about; one or two minor alterations will have it perfect.
The cover design is always going to be the big thing, judging books by covers and all. Of the two alternatives suggested, one was really not what I’m after, while the other is pretty close to what I want. Again, a couple of what I hope will be only minor changes will be enough to get it where I want it. I really don’t have a clue when it comes to graphic design and artwork, I started to fall behind the curve in this regard shortly after we progressed beyond finger painting so I’m pretty reliant on others for this type of thing. It’s always interesting to see what someone else comes up with in terms of visual presentation, based on what must have been pretty confusing and jumbled directions supplied by me!
Happily, as evidenced by the second of the two options provided, I must have conveyed my ideas clearly enough to get close to the mark! It’s definitely one of those things that I don’t want to let out of the bag until it is finalised though, so I’m afraid it will be another ten days or so before I’ll be able to post a cover preview!
Incidentally, I’m still aiming for a mid January 2013 release…